This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for APPLEGROVE BED AND BREAKFAST
For twenty-three years we have been offering comfortable, friendly Bed and Breakfast accommodation in our home set in the old Vicarage Orchard in a side road of the village of West Lulworth - and have many return guests who enjoy the ten minutes stroll to the picturesque Lulworth Cove and beautiful Dorset coast. We also have safe off road parking in our spacious walled garden.
Breakfasts are usually served between 8.30 and 9 am or earlier on request in the breakfast room which adjoins the kitchen. Cereals yogurts and fruit can be followed by: traditional English, continental, vegetarian or vegan choices. Bread, preserves, tomatoes, apple juice etc are home produced when possible.
For other meals there is a good choice of pubs and restaurants within walking distance.
The three double bedrooms all have colour TV and hot drink facilities. They all have en-suite shower rooms with toilet and washbasin. One bedroom, which can convert to a twin room, has a large south-facing balcony with views over the Purbeck Hills.
The gardens (2/3 acre) are available for your enjoyment and relaxation.Attractions of Corfe Castle, Monkey World, and Bovington Tank Museum are a short drive away
Lulworth is an excellent touring base with Weymouth, Poole, Dorchester, Wimborne and Swanage all within about half an hour drive, or less; there are many less frequented country walks and village pubs just a short distance from the coast.
For walkers the coastal scenery is outstanding being accessible by easy to moderate walks from the house.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01929400592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nearest train station Wool 6 miles away-----Taxi and intermittent bus service to Lulworth at the station
- Bus stop 150 yds from house-slight uphill gradient to road
- Nearest Airport ---Bournemouth 23 miles
- Our village has no street lighting in our area
Car Parking and Arrival
- Car parking is within our walled garden, there are five parking spaces(three on grass) in the driveway to the front of the house approximately 20 ft from the front door.
- The driveway has a gravel surface with two steps down to a gravel path leading to the front door. This is well lit at night by an outside light. There is no street lighting in our part of the village
- The front door is 750mm/29.5ins wide with a step over sill.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Wooden floored hallway gives direct access to the stairs with a landing halfway up,
- All the bedrooms are located on the first floor
- The wooden hall area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting
- We have no ground floor bedrooms
- All doors are standard 29 inches wide
- Our twin/double room has a balcony accessed by a step and sill
- All bedrooms have fitted short pile carpets and (removable)cotton rugs
- The height of all of the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 18ins.
- All rooms have bedside lights,and overhead lighting,good colour contrast,and non feather bedding
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- All rooms have en-suite shower rooms,with a step over sill shower.
- Door opening to the shower-room m is 26 ins.
- The toilet height is 17ins.
- The wash basin height is 28ins.
- Knobbed cross style taps on the pedestal washbasin
- No grab rails, horizontal or vertical, around the shower..
- No grab rails either side of the toilet.
- Well lit with overhead lights and a fluorescent light over basin
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landing, are well lit with ceiling lights.
- There is short pile carpet on the first floor landing with wooden stairs and half landing.
- There is a split flight of thirteen steps to the first floor with a handrail on one side.
- One flight to one room has no hand rail
- There is a night bell to the right of the front door
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor with step free/level entry from the front door and stairs.
- The door opening to the dining room is 29.ins wide and it is level throughout.
- Lighting is natural daylight and overhead lighting used as well as necessary.
- The flooring is short pile carpet and quarry tile
- Cooked breakfast is served but the rest self service
- We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- There is a paved patio area which can be accessed from the kitchen by one step. Tables and chairs are available on the patio.
- The garden area is 2/3 acre with a sloping lawn and flower beds and large pond